Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My Top Four Inspirational Natural Hair Videos

Change is good. Change is inevitable. But above all, change is difficult. When I was transitioning to natural hair I went into a knowledge-hungry frenzy. There wasn't one natural hair YouTube video that I wasn't willing to watch and, consequently I learnt a lot. I learnt who knew what they were talking about; I learnt who didn't. I remember watching a video by vlogger who claimed that the best way to wash your hair when you have crochet braid is to use an Q-tip (ear swab) dipped in apple cider vinegar and run it over parts of your scalp. Are you frikin' kidding me? Now, I know that was ridiculous advice, but the early transitioner makes some mistakes and those mistakes have repercussions. When the going gets tough, you need a reminder of why you decided to go natural in the first place. These inspirational videos helped me, and to this day, are among my favorite natural hair videos:

1. Black Women with Natural Hairstyles...



2. Natural Hair Inspirations and Hair Styles



3. Natural Hair Inspirations 2012



4. The Coil Review Commercial - Natural Hair is Fabulous (this has to be the funniest. LOL!)




No comments:

Post a Comment